Conducting business ethically and ensuring privacy is critical to maintaining the
dental industries trust and achieving success in a dynamic and competitive business
climate. Privacy responsibility extends not only to protection of the privacy of
conversations, but also to the flow of information in data form. With federal guidelines
being installed in the healthcare industry that govern privacy as a whole, it is
imperative to exceed the minimum security standards in order to be a market leader.
As the volume and privacy of the data being transferred and shared over the Internet
increases, the trust of our customers’ demands responsible and proactive privacy
protections and programs. We realize the importance privacy plays in the healthcare
Use of Personal Health Information
Personal information is any information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, any prescriptions or diagnosis or phone number, and that can be used to identify an individual. It includes information provided at or during registration, during study group discussions, or when records are passed between dental professionals. MyDentalFiles respects you and your patient’s privacy and will not share any information with any third-party affiliates or partners. Personal user information may be used in the following instances:
- To fulfill your order or request for service. We may share that information with third parties as necessary to fulfill your order or request for service, and as necessary to obtain payment for MyDentalFiles-offered products and services, including the sale of receivables to third party collection agencies and/or reporting of information to credit bureaus. (Third parties with whom MyDentalFiles shares information to assist in completing orders do not have the right to use personal information provided to them beyond what is necessary to complete the order.)
- To inform you about MyDentalFiles-offered products and services of potential interest.
- To personalize the MyDentalFiles Site based on users behavior and use patterns.
- To provide service for users who have questions or problems
- To perform normal business operations including billing, collection, and accounting
- To investigate complaints and protect MyDentalFiles and its members, in compliance with the law, MyDentalFiles Terms of Service, and MyDentalFiles Internet policies.
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process, to the extent required and/or permitted by law, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, and as required by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986.
When a user visits MyDentalFiles, we log general data, including your domain name,
the name of the Web page from which you entered our sites, how much time you spend
on each page, other non descript behavioral data. We use this information to continually
monitor and improve our site and applications. MyDentalFiles may collect IP addresses
and Web site usage information from you when you visit our site.
MyDentalFiles respects the privacy of personal files in members' computers. MyDentalFiles does not access, read, upload or store data contained in or derived from private files without the member's authorization. Once a member gives us that authorization, MyDentalFiles may from time to time record information about your computer, communications equipment, browser type and version number, mail application, and operating system software (but no other non-MyDentalFiles software). MyDentalFiles will use this information on an individually identifiable basis only to analyze how current or future MyDentalFiles Site features may operate and interface with your equipment; or monitor or improve the performance of MyDentalFiles software on your equipment.
To secure the information collected online, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, ensure only appropriate use of information, and comply with federal security guidelines (i.e., HIPAA) MyDentalFiles has established appropriate physical, electronic and managerial safeguards. This includes our requirement for user names and Member Ids and acceptance of the HIPAA policy to access sensitive data and our use of industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
MyDentalFiles reserves the right to revise the terms of this notice, and to make the revised terms effective for all Protected Health Information that is maintains. If MyDentalFiles makes any substantial revisions in our policies we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages and make the revised copies available within sixty (60) days
Questions, Comments, Concerns
regarding the handling of you or your Personal Health Information.
Contact us at: https://www.mydentalfiles.com/ContactUs